Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Chocolate Bar - Too faced - Review

     I feel like this eyeshadow palette is the best product to start off this new blog. It's the perfect link between two of my passions, chocolate and make up. I've been wanting to buy it for a while, almost since it came out, but it's a little bit expensive and I wasn't really sure I'd like it since I already own the Naked 2. However on my last birthday I had 25% off at Sephora and my lovely two best friends gave me a 30€ gift card, so I ended up paying 3€ (Not even $4) for this palette. Best. Sephora trip. Ever.


     No need to say that the packaging is really nice, the tin box is one of the reasons that made me buy this palette and not an other. Yet I really miss a brush like in the Naked2, especially as the shadows are scented, it would have been handy to have a dedicated brush for these.
     The scent, let's talk about it. At first I was a little bit disappointed, the smell is not really strong and you'll need an ounce of imagination to smell chocolate. But now with a couple of weeks and the benefit of hindsight if really like it the way it is, they did a good job on the whole.
     The pigmentations are quite good, yet very disparate. I tried to swatch several colors to demonstrate, the two matte shadows on the left are actually very intense on the lid, and the two on the right have tiny glitters and quite less pigmented. (Salted caramel - Triple fudge - Cherry cordial - Black forrest truffle). All the colors blend very easily though and the palette offers a lot a possible looks.
 
     As a conclusion I'd say that I don't regret buying it, I've been using it every other day for the past two weeks and I really enjoyed using it. As well, it would make a sweet and original present for someone you love...

Good Night

Nail polish : L'Oréal color riche 607 "Rue Montmartre"

No comments:

Post a Comment